Thursday, April 10, 2008

Another New Toy...

Last Saturday, I hit up a couple of Toronto bike stores to do some hands-on research in anticipation of buying a road bike.

After getting a handle on all my options, I mulled it over for a day or two, then I made my decision. I'm going with the Trek 1.5 Double road-bike. I was initially looking more at the Trek 1.2, but after a long chat with one of the guys at the Trek Store, realised that if I went with the lesser bike now just to save some money, I'd just end up wanting to upgrade a few months down the line anyway.

Now I just have to head back down to the Trek Store after work tonight, figure out frame size and any extras I want, and I'll put in the order. Assuming there are no issues with store stock, I'll be able to start riding next week.

I see many new challenges and stupidly long bike rides in my future.

Sweet.