In about fifteen minutes, I'm blowing this pop-stand.
I've got a four-and-a-half day weekend. This will be the longest stretch I've had off work since back in May, but that vacation time was wall-to-wall time with family, all around Andrea's wedding. Now, while I thoroughly enjoyed that family time, this weekend should help fulfill something that I've sorely missed since my break at Christmas. I really need some quality alone time.
Aside from playing rugby on Saturday (my mysterious arm pain actually cleared up completely by yesterday afternoon, and I was able to complete a full circuit of weighted pull ups and dips in the evening), I don't have a single thing on the schedule. Not a blessed thing. I am free of any and all obligations. This means I can just kick back and do exactly what I want to do... for four glorious days.
I can go and spend a day out with my camera. I can putter around in the kitchen and tackle something time-consuming, like making a large batch of bolognese, or chili, or steaming up a few chinese turnip cakes. I can finally getting around to watching that copy of A Map For Saturday. I can get out for long bike rides, or a long runs, or both. I can sleep.
But first, I'm ditching work early. I'm not taking a half day; I didn't get 'approval'; I'm just blowing it off.
I'm going to the movies. I'm going to take in an afternoon showing of WALL•E. This has been my most anticipated movie of 2008, ever since I saw the teasers for it it a year ago. It's Pixar. It's cute robots. There's a pet cockroach. A romantic plotline involving a 'female' that shoots lasers out of her arms. Just watch the trailer. If that doesn't have you rushing out to the theatres -- if you don't 'get' it -- then you obviously have no soul.
98% on Rotten Tomatoes. Sweet. I'm not waiting around for anybody on this one. If any of you want to see this with me, I'll just go see it again.
This should be the perfect way to start off a weekend.
1 comment:
Hey loser, it's a bye week, remember?
Post a Comment