There are eleven days before I run in the 5K event at the Harry's Spring Run-Off.
Last night, I ran a 5K time-trial, to get a gauge of where I stood before the race. Before starting to run, I was just hoping to finish the distance in 0:25:30 -- seventeen seconds slower than my previous personal best, and a full thirty seconds slower than my goal-time for the race. I wasn't deliberately sand-bagging my own expectations either. I honestly felt like I was working my way back to where I was before illness forced me to shut down training for a two-week period, two weeks ago. And my legs still felt a little stiff from a hard bike ride I'd undertaken on Sunday.
I finished in 0:24:53.
Looks like I beat that goal eleven days early.
New 5K goal-time for the Spring Run-Off: 0:24:40.
(I know it's only another thirteen seconds, but I really was ready to throw up after that time-trial.)
No comments:
Post a Comment