I thought I'd be more nervous than this.
Usually, I'm a complete wreck the night before a race.
Tomorrow, I have to go out and run another twenty-one point zero-nine-seven damn kilometres. And I have to run at least nine-minutes-and-forty-one seconds faster than I did last year. I have to shave seven-percent off my previous time. It's not so bad when you put it in percentages. I managed to shave close to six-percent off my 5K personal best time over the course of a year. Seven percent isn't completely nuts, especially given how I kind of half-assed (well, maybe nine-tenths-assed) my way through the half-marathon last year. Still, an almost-ten-minute improvement is a lot.
But I think I'm good. I trained hard over the last ten weeks. I met my weight goals, dropping five pounds by the beginning of the week. I rested enough over the last week. I'm running on (almost) new shoes. I ate like crazy today to top up my glycogen stores. I hydrated as normal and am running to the washroom every hour. I checked, and the weather conditions will be just about perfect for me tomorrow morning.
The only thing left is get my rest tonight.
Then wake up tomorrow morning.
Then go out and do it.
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Pre-Race Jitters (Or the Lack Thereof)...
Labels:
half-marathon,
pre-race-jitters,
preparation,
race-kit,
running,
Toronto-Marathon
No comments:
Post a Comment